Cardiovascular disease is the #1 cause of death for both men and women in the United States and stroke is a leading cause of disability. Van Wert Health offers an AngioScreen test, which is a preventative health screening to help people understand their risk for many chronic, debilitating diseases related to blocked arteries, hardening of the arteries in the legs, and atrial fibrillation.
AngioScreen is a non-invasive screening that helps identify your risk for heart disease and stroke in only 15 minutes.
The next screening event takes place on July 30 from 2 PM - 6 PM at Van Wert Health North.
How to Schedule an Appointment
- Schedule an appointment by calling 419-238-8643.
- Test is $50, which may be paid by cash, check, or credit card, or with an HSA or FSA account.
Every AngioScreen Includes:
- Carotid Artery Ultrasound - Scans for blockages and plaque in the neck arteries
- Peak Systolic Velocity (PSV) - Gauges blood flow to check for blockages and narrowing
- Ankle Brachial Index (ABI) - Check for blockages in the leg arteries
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Ultrasound - Scan measures details that help detect an aneurysm before it ruptures (+$25 fee)
- Modified EKG - Shows the rhythm of the heart
- Private consultation to review results
- Instant results to share with your doctor