Your recovery is our focus. At Van Wert Health, you can access a full spectrum of rehabilitation services, personalized evaluations, patient education, and therapies to aid healing, recover function, and improve physical performance. These therapies include exercise plans, functional activities, and neuromuscular reeducation. We evaluate each patient carefully to determine the treatment program that best meets his or her needs.
- Rehabilitation after injury or surgery
- Total joint replacement rehabilitation
- Balance therapy and fall prevention
- Muscle and joint pain therapy, including therapy targeted towards arthritis, headaches, neck and back pain
- Treatment for sports injuries
- Aquatic therapy
- Stroke rehabilitation
- Neuromuscular/spinal treatment
- Neurological deficits
- Lymphedema therapy
- Vestibular rehabilitation
- Ergonomic workplace evaluations
- Dry Needling
- Hand therapy
- Home safety and wheelchair assessments
- Custom orthosis fabrication
- Difficulty producing speech sounds correctly or fluently, including stuttering or problems with voice
- Difficulty understanding others or expressing thoughts to others via language
- Challenges with the social use of verbal and nonverbal communication
- Cognitive-communication challenges: organizing thoughts, paying attention, remembering, planning, and/or problem-solving
- Swallowing disorders (dysphagia)
For children in need of physical, occupational, speech and language or other therapeutic interventions, our team of professionals is focused on the child. Our team provides a thorough pediatric assessment, education, therapeutic intervention, regular communication with the family and a coordinated discharge plan.
- Neurologic conditions
- Speech and language issues
- Orthopedic and rheumatic conditions, including those which are congenital or developmental
- Autism and sensory integration disorders
Van Wert Health offers a Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation program for people with heart, vascular, and lung disease or those at high risk for developing it.
Cardiac Rehabilitation programs combine cardiovascular conditioning exercise with education and counseling in order to make lifestyle changes necessary to reduce the risk of heart disease or slow its progression. Pulmonary Rehabilitation offers support and motivation for building healthier lives for patients with pulmonary disorders or those who are recovering from other cardiopulmonary conditions.
Individuals benefit from dedicated staff who customize a program of exercise, education, and counseling to help individuals reduce the risk of disease or slow its progression.
Benefits of Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation:
- Improve Physical, Heart, Vascular and Lung Function
- Improve Strength and Stamina
- Return to Work or Normal Activities Quicker
- Understand your Heart, Vascular and Lung Disease
- Modify Unhealthy Behaviors such as Smoking, Overweight, and Physical Inactivity
- Enhance your Self-Confidence and Improve your Quality of Life Following a Cardiac Event
- Reduce your Chances of Having a Heart Attack or Stroke
- Reduce Hospitalizations
Pelvic Health is a specialized area of healthcare focused on the optimal function of the pelvic floor muscles. Pelvic floor muscles work to ensure normal urinary, digestive, and sexual health. Van Wert Health's therapists treat both male and female pelvic floor dysfunction.
Pelvic pain affects 16-25% of the US including both men and women. There are several causes of pelvic pain including pelvic floor dysfunction. Research shows that a multidisciplinary and coordinated medical approach works best. Physical and occupational therapists trained in pelvic floor therapy can help with your symptoms.
- After an initial evaluation, you and your therapist will set up a treatment program which may include:
- Evidenced-based exercises including strengthening, stretching and mobility training
- Manual therapy including myofascial release and stretching
- Pain management modalities such as electrical stimulation, heat, cold and ultrasound
- An individualized home exercise program