As of May 21, Van Wert Health has modified its visitation restrictions. In addition to the screening and hand hygiene protocols currently in place, we ask that all visitors wear masks and practice social distancing. This new policy will be in place until the transmission of COVID-19 is no longer a significant threat in our region.
Please remember these changes are for the safety of our patients, staff, and the community.
- Visiting hours are from 8 AM - 7 PM
- One (1) adult visitor per day for adult patients. (this includes acute care, ICU, and ER)
- Two (2) adult visitors per day for pediatric patients (this includes acute care, ICU, and ER)
- Two (2) adult visitors may accompany adult individuals with special needs
- Mothers laboring and delivering may have a support person throughout their stay.
- Special considerations and compassionate care for patients at end-of-life, including multiple visitors
- Pastoral visits and clergy support from a patient’s own faith community are always welcome and will not “count” toward a patient’s approved visitor(s) for the day.
- No supportive care persons and/or visitors, including pastoral visitors, for adult COVID-19 patients or COVID-19 rule-out patients.
Patients and families are encouraged to use technology to stay connected to friends and family while keeping safe from infections that can be spread from person to person.
Additionally, you may send a free eCheer card to you loved one in the hospital!