Van Wert Health offers athletic training services to three local high schools as a free benefit to the school. Our full-time Ohio Licensed Athletic Trainers provide training room, practice, game and special event coverage for athletes at Van Wert High School, Lincolnview High School, and Crestview High School. Our team of athletic trainers also provide real-time navigation help to athletes who need medical services.
Our Athletic Training Services Include:
• Athletic trainer coverage for training room, practices and events
• Injury prevention and triage
• Game day coverage for home team games and select away games
• Communication with coaches, athletic directors, and school administrators
• CPR certification
• SCAT5 concussion baseline testing
The SCAT-5 is a standardized tool for evaluating concussions in athletes aged 13 years old and older. This program provides baseline testing and post-injury evaluations to better manage recovery from concussion and ensure a safe return to play.