We offer FREE speech screenings to help identify children who are falling within the typical range of development as well as identify those in need of more extensive evaluation. Research has consistently proven that early detection is critical. Appropriate for children starting at 2 years of age, basic screenings examine articulation, hearing, and language.
- Are you concerned that your child is not developing language skills as quickly as other children?
- Do you have questions about your preschooler’s articulation development?
- Do you want reassurance that your child is on track with their language development
Depending on your child’s age, a speech evaluation may include a combination of formal testing and informal conversation and play. Our approach to speech therapy, like other rehabilitation programs, involves the family. It’s crucial to the success of your child that you take an active role, and we’ll guide you every step of the way.
We offer speech therapy services designed to fit your child’s needs, age and maturity level. Our advanced services include:
- Structured activities to help children develop effective language skills
- Articulation therapy to improve speech intelligibility
- Oral feeding and swallowing therapy for safe swallowing, to improve the amount and type of foods eaten, and to improve the mealtime experience for the child and family
- Augmentative and alternative communication
- Fluency (stuttering) therapy
- Resources to support literacy skill development
Learn more about important women’s health topics at these trusted sources:
American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
Van Wert Health Patient Materials:
Sensory Food Aversions
Virtual Story Time: Go Away, Big Green Monster!