The Environmental Services Worker works independently in assigned area performing routine cleaning functions for general cleaning/disinfecting (including but not limited to dusting, mopping, polishing, vacuuming, and spot cleaning of furniture, floors, walls, fixtures, carpeting, etc) in both patient and non-patient areas. Terminally cleans rooms after patient transfer or dismissal, replenish and empty linens and waste baskets. Additional responsibilities and projects may be assigned as needed. Duties will include the disposal of waste: general, biohazard, and hazardous waste. Responsible for providing and maintaining a safe, clean and sanitary environment.
1. High school graduate or the equivalent
2. One year of EVS work experience preferred
3. High values for clean, sanitary, and orderly conditions
4. Responds to call-in situations in a timely manner
5. Takes call as assigned
6. Works exceptionally well with other people