MRI provides detailed views inside the body for accurate testing and diagnosis.
Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) technology is unrivaled in its ability to produce high resolution images of soft tissue and structural anatomy. Conditions that may be apparent from physical signs and symptoms may be clearly seen, providing better information to determine appropriate diagnosis and treatment.
- Help doctors distinguish between normal and diseased tissue within the body
- Detect and diagnose medical conditions and diseases, such as cancer, heart and vascular disease, aneurysms, and muscular and bone abnormalities
- Determine the aggressiveness of a tumor to properly stage diseases like cancer
- Monitor disease progression and plan treatment
Both Scan With and Without Contrast Are Available
We perform different types of MRI exams depending on patients’ specific conditions. We may need to give you an injection of contrast material for clearer images during your test, or we may perform the test without contrast material.
What's an open MRI?
Some patients may want to avoid traditional enclosed MRI scans for a number of reasons, such as:
- Claustrophobia (fear of enclosed spaces)
- Inability to fit within the enclosed scanner
- Physical disabilities that the enclosed scanner may not accommodate
We offer open MRI tests at Van Wert Health - North.