Functioning within Van Wert Health’s mission, values, objectives, policies and procedures, the Patient Access Rep II is the first point of contact. The individual will utilize a computer to edit, compile, input and retrieve files and information. Responsible for computerized patient pre-registration and benefit information necessary for payment. This includes the collection of comprehensive demographic and insurance information required to facilitate timely and accurate billing of patients presenting for services. The incumbent will be expected to collect deposits and copayments prior to service.
Responsibilities also include excellent telephone skills with an emphasis on customer service benefiting both the patient and the hospital. The individual is responsible for switchboard operations and handling routine in-coming and out-going calls. Will utilize two-way radio and paging system to contact physicians, departments, patients, and visitors. Must be comfortable in handling emergency incoming code calls.
Education & Experience:
1. High school graduate or the equivalent required
2. Must be proficient in typing/computer entry
3. Medical Terminology preferred
4. CPR certification required. If not certified at date of hire, must obtain within 30 days. Must maintain certification.
1. Good verbal and written communication skills
2. Must possess excellent organizational skills and have the ability to prioritize
3. Must possess the attitude of putting the client’s needs above own.
This position also includes various other duties within the department